A novel about loving and letting go
Note: This book is available in English and Chinese.
What is love? Is it the craving to be with him or is it the realization that you should let him go? Is it about telling him how he makes you feel or is it about suffering in silence? Is love a compromise? Can it be faked? Can love change over time? Can it last? Can it be forgotten? Diano lives in the past, hanging on to the memories of his lost love. Oliver is struggling to keep his turbulent relationship going. Andy has never loved anybody except his longtime boyfriend. Summer is waiting for her Prince Charming. Cute is looking for a boyfriend to support his education. Sky is not brave enough to stand up for his love. Thus begins their story. Set in Hong Kong and China, where the ultra-modern live in a traditional society and struggle to find love, the story shall resonate with anyone who has loved, lost somebody or had to let go.
Imprint: Signal 8 Press
Publication date: February 08, 2011 (English) / September 20, 2014 (Chinese)
Print edition: N/A
Page count: N/A
ISBN: 978-988-12197-4-9 (English) / 978-988-12197-8-7 (Chinese)
Price (paper): N/A
E-book formats: ePub, Kindle
Word count: 93,120 (English) / 113,900 (Chinese)
Price (e-book): US$2.99
- Kindle: Amazon.com (US) , Amazon.co.uk (UK), Amazon.de (Ger)
- Apple (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch & iBooks) version: iTunes (US)
- Nook version: Barnes & Noble
- ePUB: Smashwords
- “The characters are well drawn out. Das has told the story in a way that is unique, especially with the Hong Kong culture and language, and draws his characters with a fine hand. They become real very quickly and I found myself rooting for them from the beginning.” – Kate Cornwell (author of A Face Within)
- It has a very interesting plot, and some really intriguing characters.” – Hilary Chow
- “This book was a fabulous read. I loved how it moved me at the end and I love how the title fits this book perfectly.” – Jonas Saul, international bestselling author
- MrGayHongKong.com (Tongzhi Tsai Project)
- tcjm.org aka Pink Alliance (Tongzhi Tsai Project)
- The Grist Mill
- Pink Season
- “…if you have left your heart even a tiny bit ajar for love to enter, you will enjoy this tale of finding love and through it something true about the identity of one’s self and of the object of one’s love.” – Nigel Collet (author of The Butcher of Amritsar and Firelight of a Different Colour) on Fridae
- OurTV.hk (14:30~17:40)
Proceeds from the sale of this book have gone towards Tongzhi Tsai, the campaign against homophobic bullying in Hong Kong schools.
Ansh Das (better known as AD) is an IT nerd in the morning, an author by noon, an activist in the evening and a healer by night. That sequence may change a few times in any direction during the course of the day. He is from India and lives in Hong Kong.